Monday, July 1, 2013

Book Review: The Sparrow and the Hawk (Tales of the Sparrow)

The Sparrow and the Hawk (Tales of the Sparrow)The Sparrow and the Hawk by Meg Lacey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Summary:


Jillie Harte, code name the Sparrow, a documentary film maker is an agent for the NAS (Normal, Abnormal, Strange) Agency. Her assignment-find The Carmaletta Choker before it falls into the wrong hands and destroys the world. Franklin Doherty and associates are suspected of having the choker, and they are definitely the wrong hands! To get close to Franklin, Jillie is producing a film on "Decoration, Fashion and Accessories Throughout History," featuring his antique collection. Her assignment is complicated by Griff Ryland, her new, hot cameraman, who is also looking for the necklace. Griff is an enigma. Is he friend or foe? And why is she so distracted by his "pure sex on a stick" appeal? Like the Sparrow, Griff, aka the Hawk, needs to retrieve the choker. It disappeared from his dimension years before, and his job is to bring it back. Since he can shapeshift into a hawk or a mountain lion at a moment's notice, Griff feels certain of success. But he doesn't bargain for a sassy, sexy redhead-and for his overwhelming urge to settle their differences in bed. Now Griff and Jillie must not only overcome the deadly dark forces who want the choker, but they must also face their developing relationship. And they thought saving the world from evil and chaos was hard!!!!



My Thoughts: 

I find the cover awkward(I'm restraining myself from saying more ugh hahah), if I haven't read the summary..I'm not sure if I'm going to read this at all lol, don't judge the book by it's cover applies here because I seriously enjoyed and loved reading The Sparrow and the Hawk regardless of my hate for the cover. The book is magical in a dark and twisted way. The characters are all kinds of mysterious and very unpredictable, they all carry big secrets from one another.

I loved both Jillie and Griff's character and their amazing...or let say sizzling chemistry. But I also love the fact that the story doesn't revolve around them, in other words..there is a love story in here, but we also experience more action and disturbing incidents..and creepy situations...gah those creepy situation are so detailed, my imaginations are running wild.

Aside from our main characters, we also have amazing secondary characters which reminds me of some "Alice in the Wonderland" characters, mysterious and dangerously mischievous...which I definitely liked! specially Franklin, he's err scary, creepy and funny at the same time..and his house, gah! If I happen to visit that freaking house and experience what Jillie experience I'll run as fast as I can far (very far) away from that hunted place.

Overall, I can say that I enjoyed and loved reading The Sparrow and the Hawk, and was sad when I reach the last page, looking forward to reading the second book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment