Saturday, June 15, 2013

Book Review: Remember When by T. Torrest

Remember When (Remember Trilogy, #1)Remember When by T. Torrest
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After reading this, I realized that this is the type of book that will stay with you, that will make you feel nostalgic, that will make you miss those people you meet in the past, making you wonder "How is she/he?" and does that person somehow..still remembers you?


Book Summary:

Years before Trip Wiley could be seen on movie screens all over the world, he could be seen sitting in the desk behind me in my high school English class. 

This was back in 1990, and I cite the year only to avoid dumbfounding you when references to big hair or stretch pants are mentioned. Although, come to think of it, I am from New Jersey, which may serve as explanation enough. We were teenagers then, way back in a time before anyone could even dream he’d turn into the Hollywood commodity that he is today. 

In case you live under a rock and don't know who Trip Wiley is, just know that these days, he’s the actor found at the top of every casting director’s wish list. He’s incredibly talented and insanely gorgeous, the combination of which has made him very rich, very famous and very desirable. 

And not just to casting directors, either. 

I can’t confirm any of the gossip from his early years out in Tinseltown, but based on what I knew of his life before he was famous, I can tell you that the idea of Girls-Throwing-Themselves-At-Trip is not a new concept. 

I should know. I was one of them. 

And my life hasn’t been the same since.


My Thoughts:


The book started nice and slow, which is very effective in terms of making the reader feel connected to each and every character, I personally felt that somehow..I'm one of them, part of the group. I can't help but be reminded of a certain friend of mine with one of the character, I personally believe that each character in the book represents one or two of our former classmate or friends, we all got one loud friend, the joker, the flirt or the queen bee, so while reading this I can't help but remember my own personal highschool experience :P.

And I do adore Layla, I can honestly relate to her, the crush she felt for Trip, those stolen glances~ :D

and I do love and envy the friendship between Layla and Lisa♥
 and let's not forget how dreamy Trip is :D

When I saw this book for the first time and read the summary, I thought this is a typical story about second chance at love---but No!, it's more than that, it felt real and I can honestly say that my day ended fantastic because of this wonderful book ♥


I'm soooo excited for book 2 (which will be out this coming June 20)~ my mind can't help but imagine all the possibilities~♥

All in all, I'm giving this more than 5 stars ♥



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment