Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Arouse by Nina Lane

Arouse (Spiral of Bliss, #1)
Arouse by Nina Lane

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Goodreads Book Summary:

"One day I'm going to touch you in a thousand different ways and show you how to touch me," he said. 

And he did.

Struggling with a tormented past, undergraduate Olivia Winter once led a practical but isolated life. Then she met Professor Dean West, a brilliant scholar of medieval history who melted Liv's inhibitions and taught her the meaning of both love and erotic pleasure. But after three years of a blissful, lusty marriage, Liv and Dean now face a crisis that threatens everything they believe about each other...and sex might not be enough to save them.




My Thoughts:

When I saw Arouse being added by some of my goodreads friends, I decided to check it out, mostly because the title is intriguing, one will certainly think that it will be one HOT read. Arouse is definitely one hot read, but more ..you see there are lots of erotic reads that contains a lot of hot scenes but remove those scourching hot scenes and it's nothing. Arouse, more than being an erotic book is a book that teaches lessons about marriage and how and what will it takes to make it work. I found myself trying to absorb those lessons.. being 23 and single, it's kind of hard for me to think about marriage right now, but I think what the couple in this book experience and learned will stay with me and hopefully when the time comes, I can apply those to my own.



I think this is the first book I've read starting with a couple which is already married, so I'm not really sure what to expect but I'm glad, so glad I gave it a chance because after reading this I know for sure that it's going to be in my favorites book list. The story, the character ,their problems, and the people around them felt real..I find myself feeling easily connected with the main characters, especially with Liv.

My favorite line in the book is "I’ll slay monsters for you.”, you'll understand why when you read the book yourself. So what I'm trying to say is I loved and enjoyed this book and I'm definitely going to recommend this to all the romance-loving-readers out there. I'm giving this 4.8 stars. I'm so excited for the next book in this series which is Allure, whoch according to goodreads..will be coming out..TODAY! hooray for that.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment